After installing Windows 10 Fall Creator update (1703), you will experience some issue with Windows Mobile Device Center
If you are not able to install Windows Mobile Device Center, follow these steps.
If you are able to install, but not able to start Windows Mobile Device Center
- Download the zip file from the link above.
- Extract WMDC Win10 Fall creator fix.zip.
- Open the following file: drvupdate-amd64.msi and wait (This process creates c:\windows\windowsmobile\drivers with 4 folders in) This step takes up to 3 minutes.
- Open the following file: drvupdate-amd64.exe and wait. There is no visual activity at this step but it runs in the background. You can observe that it is completed by the following to check the following parameters: (To see what CPU usage is, as well as processes, press Ctrl + Shift + Esc buttons simultaneously and press the button show more details.) This step can take up to 5 minutes
a. CPU usage is close to 0%.
b. There is no current drvupdate-amd64.exe process.
- Now c:\windows\windowsmobile contains the complete installation.
- Open CMD as administrator.
(press the Windows logo and type CMD. Right click the CMD icon and click on ”Run as administrator”)
- Insert commands one at a time and press Ente rafter each command:
REG ADD HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\RapiMgr /v SvcHostSplitDisable /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
REG ADD HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\WcesComm /v SvcHostSplitDisable /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
- Restart the PC.
- Open Delfi Communication Center while Windows Mobile Device Center is open. If this doesn’t work, try the steps below.
- Open Services. Find and right click: Windows mobile-2003-based device connectivity.
- Click Properties and click then click the tab Recovery.
- Change Subsequent failures to Restart service.
- Change Restart service after from 1 to 0 minutes.
- Click apply, and repeat step 7-11 with Windows Mobile-based device connectivity.